Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unknowns and Freedom

I can't stop thinking about travelling lately.  I watched this documentary about a guy who traveled around for a month just using craigslist.  It makes me feel extremely nostalgic, and regretful that I didn't have a camera guy following me around when I was a wanderer.  It was a great documentary and I am so glad that this guy had the courage to leave everything behind and go be a wanderer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486616/

I want to do that again so badly!!! I loved meeting new people everyday and sleeping in a new place every night.  I remember sleeping on a night bus to Istanbul, sleeping on a night ferry to Crete another night (just on the floor in front of some seats, sleeping on a bench the first night in Barcelona cause I got in really late and had no where to stay, and one night in Rome I just slept on the sidewalk by a warm-ish vent.  I was so grateful when I actually got to sleep on a bed, have access to a bathroom, really just to be sleeping indoors was a win!  I felt so lucky when someone would give me food too.  I feel like feeding someone and giving them a place to stay is one of the most noble, kindest things a person can do.  I am still in contact with a lot of the people I stayed with and I hope to see them again someday.  I love all the unknowns and the freedom.

I have been thinking about travelling, grad school, and what I'm going to do after graduation a lot in the past month or so.  So much so that it's distracting me hard core from the things I have to do right now.  It has been difficult for me to stay focused for sure.  I think all the time about next year, and I am distracted a lot by how much I miss my boyfriend.  It is best for me to stay busy so I started working 25 ish hours a week.  But that is way too much for me to be working and now I'm excited for next semester when I will not schedule myself for so many hours.  I have been dealing with jobs a lot this semester too.  I had multiple interviews for being an orientation counselor next summer and right now I'm waiting to here back from them.  I had an interview just today for a new job as a rec supervisor for next semester. I am not happy anymore at the Children's Center and I don't want to just stick it out until I graduate.  I am still happy at Challenge though, so I will keep that job.

None of this has anything to do with art (sorry!).  These are the things I am thinking about non stop now everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment